AMD’s AM4 platform is the successor to the AM3+ and AM3 platforms, and it brings a ton of new features to the table. One of the biggest updates is the addition of the new XMP 2.0 standard, which allows users to select and spec out their memory to suit the best speeds. The new platform also brings DDR4 support for memory modules of up to 2400MHz, albeit at slightly lower speeds than the new standard allows.
We’ve seen a lot of new AMD AM4 motherboards lately, but does this year’s crop offer just as much as the new 802.11ax Wi-Fi standard? The short answer is yes, but there are a lot of thinnings, too.
This year, AMD is releasing two new X399 motherboards. We review the two top models, the Asus ROG Rampage VI Extreme and the Gigabyte Aorus X399 Gaming 7. Both boards are built for extreme performance and are loaded with features.. Read more about best amd motherboard 2021 and let us know what you think.
The introduction of the Zen 3 architecture has wreaked havoc on the market, with many new motherboards morphing into something remarkable. It’s only because of the high benchmarks established by the predecessors, and that’s why we’re highlighting the finest AM4 motherboards to watch out for in 2021 today. In particular, the latest Threadrippers, particularly those based on the Zen 3 architecture, are unrivaled and need the finest platform to run on. Take the Ryzen 9 3950X or Ryzen 5950X CPUs, for example, which are highly efficient processors that need a sturdy motherboard to provide all of the user’s needs.
To expand on the subject, we’ll be searching for the B550 or X570 chipsets, which are the most recent and well-known in the Zen 3 lineage. You may still utilize the B450 chipset, but I wouldn’t suggest it for a variety of reasons. You may learn more about which chipset to support in 2021 by reading our X570 vs. B550 vs. B450 post. Now is the time to turn our attention away from the enumeration procedure. So, without further ado, let’s get started on our search for the finest AM4 motherboard for your gaming setup.
The Top 10 AM4 Motherboards for 2021
TUF Gaming X570-PLUS ASUS AM4 WIFI-enabled AM4 Motherboards
What are the benefits of purchasing the ASUS AM4 TUF Gaming X570-Plus?
We always make sure to include something absurd and stunning in all of our posts, and that product is always at the top. For what it’s worth, the ASUS AM4 TUF gaming X570-Plus is one of the finest motherboards for high-end gaming currently available. To top it off, the same motherboard is credited with delivering some of the fastest WiFi available today. It doesn’t matter whether you call it the greatest WIFI motherboard or the most flexible motherboard.
- All Ryzen CPUs, both new and old, are supported by the motherboard (including Zen 2 and Zen 3). You should go for a Threadripper, which will perform well on this marvel of a motherboard.
- It’s worth noting that the ASUS AM4 TUF Gaming X570-Plus comes with a 12+2 DR.MOS improved power solution, which is a requirement in all of the newest high-end entrants.
- This MOBO also comes with a 6-layer PCB, ProCool sockets, and military-grade TUF components, as well as a fantastic Digi+ VRM. Because you’ll be overclocking the bulk of the components, these are essential characteristics to have.
- The motherboard has an Active chipset heatsink, VRM heatsink, M.2 heatsink, and a variety of hybrid fan headers for complete cooling (for reducing the soaring temperatures).
- Dual PCIe 4.0 M.2, USB 3.2 Gen2 ports, and Realtek L8200A Gigabit Ethernet are also included as value-added features.
- If RGB lighting is important to you, this motherboard has you covered there as well. Have some fun with a rainbow of colors on your motherboard.
Best AM4 Motherboard for Overclocking: MSI MEG X570 GODLIKE
Why should you consider purchasing the MSI MEG X570 GODLIKE?
If you are a gaming fanatic who enjoys severe overclocking, the MSI MEG X570 GODLIKE is the motherboard for you. Imagine having access to features such as the Flagship 14+14+1 phase IR digital VRM, infinite design, mystic light infinity II, Triple lightning M.2 with shield Frozr, and a 2.5G LAN Plus WIFI 6 solution. In my view, it’s paradise on earth!
- The MSI MEG X570 GODLIKE is renowned for its ability to accommodate a wide range of Ryzen CPUs. So, even if you have a Threadripper, you can depend on this MOBO fully.
- If RAM overclocking is your thing, you’ll be surprised to learn that this MOBO can achieve 5000+ MHZ in OC mode. What a wonder!
- Aside from that, the motherboard has Mystic Light II, which allows you to customize the RGB patterns of your components. To change the lights, all you have to do is go to its dragon support center (a program).
- A dynamic dashboard is included with the motherboard.
- For connection, the motherboard has PCIe 4.0, triple lightning Gen4 x4 M.2 with M.2 Shield Frozr, and AMD Turbo USB 3.2 Gen 2.
- It’s worth noting that you also receive punctuated heatsinks, which keep the temperatures down. It’s an important necessity since you’ll be overclocking all of the components.
- For EMI protection, the MOBO has pre-installed I/O shielding.
ASUS ROG Strix X570-E Gaming ATX Best Enthusiast-Level AM4 Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix X570-E Gaming ATX Best Enthusiast-Level AM4 Motherboard
What are the benefits of purchasing the ASUS ROG Strix X570-E Gaming ATX?
There’s always a reason to purchase an XYZ motherboard because it meets your requirements in the end. The motherboard has a slew of impressive capabilities, including 2.5 Gbps (transfer rate), Gigabit Intel LAN, WIFI 6, and 16 power stages. To be honest, having 16 power stages in 2021 matters a lot since it improves the connection ratio.
- This motherboard is almost game-ready and capable of running any CPU. AMD Ryzen 2nd and 3rd generation processors are included (inclusive of threadrippers).
- Aura Sync RGB is also available on the ASUS ROG Strix X570-E. (with stipulated RGB headers on the motherboard).
- The motherboard has 12+4 power stages, as well as the ProCool II power connection, for the best power solution. Furthermore, alloy chokes and robust connections for enabling multi-core processing are included to boost the motherboard’s cooling game.
- In terms of total cooling, your PC will benefit from active chipset heatsinks, MOS heatsinks, and twin onboard M.2 heatsinks (with water-pump header).
- Aside from that, the motherboard has PCIe 4.0, HDMI 2.0, DisplayPort 1.2, and USB 3.2 Type-A and Type-C connections.
- Furthermore, if you want to take advantage of ASUS ROG Strix X570-E’s 5-way optimization, there’s no better option.
- Finally, a ROG-patented pre-mounter I/O shield and BIOS flashback compatibility for future CPUs are included.
Best AM4 Budget Motherboard: MSI MPG X570 Gaming PLUS
Why should you consider purchasing the MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus?
MSI motherboards hold a special place in my heart because of the features they provide. For what it’s worth, this motherboard is among the second-cheapest, if not the first (for the cheapest motherboard to date, see our FAQ—but it’s obsolete). So, if you’re on a budget, the MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus is the way to go.
- First and foremost, the motherboard is very compatible with AMD’s Ryzen 5000 and 4000 series processors. To top it off, it works flawlessly with every Ryzen CPU that has been released so far.
- With this motherboard, you can OC your RAM quite a bit. In OC mode, the RAMs may reach speeds of 4400+ MHz.
- PCIe 4.0, lightning Gen4 x 4 M.2 with M.2 shield Frozr, and StoreMI are all included.
- Aside from that, Frozr heatsinks with proprietary fans and ball bearings are slid into the motherboard. It’s there to help cool things down once OC mode has been activated.
- A Digital PWM IC, an 8+4 pin CPU power connection, and a Game Boost module are also included on the motherboard.
- Last but not least, the unique software (Dragon center) allows you to adjust a variety of parameters, including RGB patterns and lighting.
Best AM4 Micro atx Motherboard: ASUS TUF Gaming B550M-PLUS AM4
What are the benefits of purchasing the ASUS TUF Gaming B550M-Plus?
If you’re building a micro-ATX gaming rig, the ASUS TUF Gaming B550M-Plus is a good choice. Not to add, the same motherboard has a slew of features that help to extend the chipset’s support capabilities.
- To begin with, the motherboard is compatible with all Ryzen series CPUs, so you can count on it fully in terms of compatibility.
- The same MOBO also has an 8+2 DrMOS (power stages) power solution, a ProCool connection, and military-grade TUF components. As far as ASUS is concerned, it’s a proprietary product.
- Aside from that, the same motherboard uses VRM heatsinks, PCH fanless heatsinks, M.2 heatsinks, and hybrid fan headers to provide a complete cooling strategy. To be honest, it’s a much-needed feature since people like to overclock their hardware.
- Aside from that, you’ll receive the Realtek S1200A codec and an AI noise-cancelling microphone module as bonus features.
- Last but not least, PCIe 4.0, 2.5 Gb Ethernet, HDMI, and DisplayPort are all included on the motherboard. On top of that, you have a variety of USB 3.2 Gen Type-A and Type-C connections.
Best AM4 tiny itx Motherboard GIGABYTE X570-I AORUS Pro WIFI
What are the benefits of purchasing the GIGABYTE X570-I AORUS Pro WIFI?
If you’re interested in ITX configurations, the GIGABYTE X570-I AORUS Pro WIFI, like the preceding item (micro-ATX), is a must-have motherboard. There are two reasons for this: It’s very small, yet it has the bulk of the functionality included in a normal ATX motherboard. That, in my view, is fantastic!
- The greatest part about this ITX motherboard is that it can accommodate a wide range of CPUs, including Threadrippers. So, if you have a 5600X, install it on your motherboard.
- The MOBO also supports dual-channel ECC/Non-ECC unbuffered DDR4 RAM, which is worth noting. It’s disappointing to find that the MOBO only has two DIMM slots, limiting you to a maximum of 64GB.
- Aside from that, the motherboard has an 8-phase IR digital VRM, superior thermal design, and twin ultra-fast NVMe PCIe 4.0/3.0 x 4 slots.
- The MOBO also has Intel WIFI 6 as well as an ALC1220-VB Enhance audio module.
- The motherboard also has RGB Fusion 2.0, which includes addressable LED and RGB LED strips. Beautiful, indeed!
- Not to mention the value-added features of cFosSpeed, USB 3.1 Gen2 Type-C, and Q-Flash Plus BIOS module.
Best B450 AM4 Motherboard: GIGABYTE B450 AORUS M
What are the benefits of purchasing the GIGABYTE B450 AORUS M?
I understand that having an older generation chipset means foregoing your plans to upgrade in the near future, but the GIGABYTE B450 AORUS M has something unique in store for you. Although it is an older motherboard, it still has value and is ideal for people who want to flash their BIOS in the near future.
- Hybrid Digital PWM, M.2 Thermal Guards, and Gigabyte Gaming LAN are all included on the motherboard, which is an important feature for online gaming.
- Not to add that the MOBO is compatible with all Ryzen CPUs, allowing you to utilize a Threadripper on such an old chipset.
- Apart from that, the MOBO comes with four DIMM slots, totaling 128 GB of RAM. But that’s a big amount.
- It’s worth noting that this motherboard comes with HDMI, DVI-D, and Ultra-Fast NVME PCIe Gen3 x 4 M.2 ports for improved connection.
- Furthermore, the motherboard is renowned for pitching in thunderous RGB patterns, allowing customers to make their PCs stand out.
- Last but not least, the motherboard Smart Fan 5 function is a temperature management algorithm that helps to keep temperatures from rising too high. Use it since it enables you to decrease the temperatures in OC mode.
Best AM4 Motherboard Under $100: GIGABYTE B450M DS3H V2
What are the benefits of purchasing the GIGABYTE B450M DS3H V2?
The explanation for this is very simple. Imagine having a motherboard that caters for all there is to a notion of functional entry while still being reasonably priced! Exactly! Under $100, the Gigabyte B450M DS3H V2 is the cheapest motherboard on the list. Take a look at how the tables have turned!
- To begin with, despite being the most affordable MOBO on the list, it supports all Ryzen CPUs, including threadrippers. That, in my view, is fantastic.
- Apart from that, the motherboard features four DIMM slots, allowing you to install up to 128 GB of RAM without difficulty.
- In addition, the MOBO has a digital VRM solution that helps to smooth out voltage spikes.
- Furthermore, the MOBO has PCIe Gen3 x 4 M, which is very fast. For improved connection, there are two slots and a high-end functioning SATA mode.
- Gigabyte B450M DS3H V2 does, however, enable RGB fusion, which is a must-have feature for gamers. Why? Everyone, including me, like having RGB switched on in our setups.
- Last but not least, you have access to the Smart 5 temperature feature, which is a must-have for overclockers. This feature enables your motherboard to operate properly even when temperatures are very high, so go ahead and overclock!
ASUS ROG Strix B550-A Gaming Best White AM4 Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B550-A Gaming Best White AM4 Motherboard
Why should you consider purchasing the ASUS ROG Strix B550-A Gaming?
The only reason for purchasing this motherboard is for its appearance. Just take a look at how absolutely white it is. To be honest, it’s one of the most attractive white motherboards available for gaming PCs. Not to mention the B550 chipset, which makes the MOBO future-proof. So, what do you have to lose?
- Because the motherboard supports a broad variety of processors, you may use it with either 2nd or 3rd generation Ryzen CPUs with ease. Not to add, threadrippers are included.
- Aside from that, the MOBO has PCIe 4.0 compatibility, dual M.2, USB 3.2 Gen2 type-C, HDMI 2.1, and DisplayPort 1.2.
- Not to add, you get Intel 2.5Gb ethernet (ASUS compliant) and a reliable power supply with this motherboard (for extended longevity).
- It’s also worth noting that the MOBO includes UEFI BIOS and ASUS AI networking modules as optional extras.
- Pre-mounted I/O shield, BIOS flashback, Q-LEDs, and SafeSlot are all included as standard features.
- Furthermore, if RGB is important to you, this motherboard is unrivaled. Yes, you will have access to outstanding RGB compatibility, including Aura Sync RGB lights and Gen 2 RGB headers.
- Last but not least, for internal sound, the motherboard has an AI Noise-canceling microphone and the SupremeFX S1220A Codec.
Best Performative and Functional AM4 Motherboard: MSI MAG X570 TOMAHAWK WIFI
Why should you consider purchasing the MSI MAG X570 TOMAHAWK?
I think I’ve stated this before, but reiterating it isn’t going to cost me anything. Well, MSI motherboards are the pinnacle of excellence, and this one is no exception. To be honest, this motherboard has everything, even future compatibility for forthcoming CPUs.
- To begin with, the motherboard is an excellent option for accommodating a wide range of CPUs, including 2nd and 3rd generation models. Threadripper follows the same principle as threadripper.
- Aside from that, DDR4 RAM is supported by the motherboard (up to 4600 MHz inclusive of OC mode).
- Not to add PCIe 4.0, lightning Gen4 x 4 M.2 with M.2 Shield Frozr, and Turbo USB 3.2 Gen 2 are also included.
- It’s also worth noting that the MSI MAG X570 has a mysterious light formula that’s linked to RGB lighting. With a single click, you may experience 16.8 million colors and 29 effects.
- The motherboard has a Frozr cooling architecture with punctuated heatsinks to help reduce high temperatures (a necessity if you are extensively overclocking).
- Furthermore, the dragon center provides support for the same motherboard. It’s there so you can quickly modify some of the motherboard’s functions as well as the RBG patterns.
- Last but not least, for multiplayer lovers, the MOBO has WIFI 6 support.
The story comes to a conclusion at this point. So, I hope these top ten items were adequate and sufficient for you to make a decent, if not the best, choice. To be honest, there are hundreds of goods on the market, and it’s difficult to choose a favorite. As a result, we’ve compiled a list of the top ten entries, which are almost ideal for any niche. So, if you have any queries, please share them with us in the comments section. We’ll do our best to help you solve them! Thank you very much!
Most Commonly Asked Questions
Who is the finest manufacturer of AM4 motherboards?
AM4 motherboards are designed by a variety of manufacturers, including GIGABYTE, MSI, ASUS, and others. So, if you’re wondering which company produces the greatest AM4 motherboard, I’d recommend ASUS or MSI. I’m not knocking GIGABYTE’s development, but I find their products to be a bit inefficient. In conclusion, I would always suggest ASUS motherboards since they are the finest.
Is AM4 2021 future-proof?
Because AM4 is now used by the majority of motherboards, it is safe to anticipate that it will continue to be used for a few more years. To be honest, it all relies on the processor’s specifications. If AMD manages to move to a new variety, you will need to upgrade your motherboard to utilize newer CPUs; nevertheless, you do not need to worry about the AM4 dying out for the time being.
What is the finest AM4 motherboard for the money?
ASUS Prime B450M-A is a budget-friendly alternative to the other items on the list. Yes, it’s a really old chipset motherboard, however it still functions well. It won’t set you back more than $80 in terms of pricing. So, what more are you looking for?
AMD’s new AM4 platform is poised to dominate core markets in the 2020s thanks to its technological advancements, future proofing, and competitive pricing. But more importantly, there are AM4 motherboards that will enable you to build an AMD Ryzen or future AMD APU based computer, and we are going to show you the 10 best.. Read more about best trx40 motherboard 2021 and let us know what you think.
Frequently Asked Questions
Whats the best AM4 motherboard?
The best AM4 motherboard is the ASUS Prime B350-Plus.
What motherboard should I buy for 2021?
I am not sure what you mean by this, but if you are asking me to answer your question, then I would recommend the Asus Prime Z390-A.