So, I’m finally done with BG3… I’ve been waiting for this game for almost a year (I believe that’s how long it took to make the original BG2), and I was so excited to get it to the table that I played through it in one sitting. The story was actually pretty good, and it actually had some decent role-playing elements to it. The battles, while fun and interesting, were a little too easy (20-30 minutes to win a battle, no matter what difficulty you played). The action was fluid and fast, as was the interface (the “pull” interface that comes thru the screen is a pretty cool idea, as it prevents you from accidentally dragging
The Early Access release of Baldur’s Gate 3 has been a long time in coming, and the wait has been a pain for all interested in the game. Thankfully, the release is now on consoles and PC, and the title is looking to be a worthy successor to the first two. Many players will be joining the party for the first time, and they will be eager for the story to unfold. The party banter and random conversations will be a great way to learn about the characters and their backgrounds, so it’s a good idea to have them on hand for reference.
The game has been out for several months now and has received mixed reviews. Some people love it and some people hate it, but most people agree that it has a LOT of content. Even so, an entire game can’t be completed in one sitting, so I decided to make a series of posts dealing with the last few hours of the game, in the form of conversations between my character and other random NPCs. This time around, they are after the same thing that I am: the spellbook of one of their most powerful wizards.
Another one of my Gale pages. This time we focus on the different random dialogues of the group.
I also included some of Aunt Ethel’s cruel and angry remarks during the argument with Gale. I know this is not a party dialogue as such, but still.
Let’s begin… I hope to add more when the full version of the game comes out. This is everything from the early access phase of the game to now.
PARTY FUN 1 –
- GALE : The Zeit’Isk you mentioned fascinates me. You want to tell me more?
- LAE’ZEL : A complex device made by mlar – our most talented craftsmen. I swore I’d never say another word.
PARTY FUN 2 –
- LAE’ZEL : Tell me, Gail, what is your interest in the astral plane?
- GALE : It’s time. Or rather, the absence of it. On the astral plane, everything is eternal.
- LAE’ZEL : Soon it will be my home, if Vlaakit wants it.
PARTY FUN 3 –
- ASTARION : Have you ever heard of a vampire named Casador, Will?
- I don’t think so. Why? A friend of yours?
- He’s the patriarch of the Szaar family. A bad guy, if the story is believable.
- ASTARION : I think it is.
PARTY FUN 4 –
- GALE : Tell me, Lae’zel, when you say we can be purified in the manger, what exactly does that mean?
- LAE’ZEL : The janitor will smear a zait’isk, a detergent, on our heads. His magic will destroy the parasite instantly.
EVENT 5 –
- SHADOWHEART : You seemed rather indifferent in your compliments. We just met
- GALE : Seize the opportunity, I say. Today more than ever
- SHADOWHEART : Be careful not to strain a muscle too quickly.
EVENING 6 –
- SHADOWHEART : You seem to know a lot about our situation, Gail.
- GALE : Everything, really everything. Not to say it’s too subtle.
- SHADOWHEART : A modest one, isn’t he?
- GALE : In some cases
PARTY FUN 7 –
- GALE : The road to Baldur’s Gate is long. It would take them weeks to get there on foot.
- SHADOWHEART : If they can. They’re slow and vulnerable. Half or more will die long before the basilisk gate.
- GALE : This doesn’t seem to bother you at all.
- SHADOWHEART : What do I care? We can’t save them all.
EVENT 8 –
- ASTARION : And will there be a love waiting for you when this is over?
- You know what, this is not the easiest question for me to answer.
- You mean just wait, like a lovesick puppy? Short-term entertainment is much less stressful
EVENT 9 –
- GALE : Tell me, Lae’zel, what is it like there, on the astral plane? Your homeland fascinates me
- LAE’ZEL : Githianas lay eggs on other surfaces. They cannot mature in the astral. I’ll only be accepted if I get the head of the ghost killer.
THE LION OF THE FEAST OF 10 –
- WYLL : You’re an impressive fighter, Gale. You should come up with a new name
- GALE : I suppose you have some suggestions?
- WYLL : A miracle wizard! Or maybe the master weaver?
- GALE : Tempting. But I think we already have the maximum number of theater titles.
THE PARTY FREAK AT 11 –
- SHADOWHEART : Any symptoms yet?
- GALE : No sign of tentacles yet.
- SHADOWHEART : Everything stayed the same… Except for the knot of fear in my stomach, which is in no hurry to disappear.
- GALE : That I can identify with
AVENING 12 –
- SHADOWHEART : What did you just mean, Gail? A woman with shadows for eyes, you said.
- GALE : If the eyes are the mirror of the soul, you have dark curtains in front of the mirror. I hope you’re not offended.
- SHADOWHEART : Not necessary. I haven’t formed an opinion of you yet.
AUNT ETHEL DOESN’T CARE…
TANTY ETHEL : Dude! So desperate to be special
EVENT 13 –
- WYLL : There was a time when I fought hard against the giants of the mountains. Now a simple bear can kill me halfway to Amn.
- GALE : Strange things are happening to us. What rots in our minds can motivate our bodies.
THE FESTIVAL BANQUET 14 –
- GALE : Your fighting skills are amazing, as is your fighting stance itself.
- LAE’ZEL : Gracch Ayak is a technique known only to a few people outside of K’liir. Shall I teach you?
- GALE : I’ll pass, thanks. I prefer offensive to acrobatic.
PARTY POSSE RIPPERS 15 –
- LAE’ZEL : You have a special way with words, Gail. Maybe public speaking suits you better than fighting.
- GALE : They are not mutually exclusive. Weaving succeeds better with the addition of eloquence.
THE PARTY IS 16 –
- ASTARION : I enjoy our walks together, don’t you, Gail?
- Hmm… Yes, of course. In the silence
EVENT 17 –
- ASTARION : This orb is said to be powerful. What can he do after the extraction?
- Nothing good will come of it if it’s not kept under control. Why?
- ASTARION : This may be useful. Who knows?