Akasa has released two new M.2 enclosures for their M.2 drives, the AK-M4 and AK-M5. The M4 is a slimline design that can fit in any system while the M5 offers more cooling and space for larger components such as graphics cards and power supplies.Akasa has released two new M.2 enclosures for M.2 drives, the AK-M2-U3 and AK-M2-S3. The enclosures are designed to fit any size of M.2 drive, even up to a 2280 drive. Read more in detail here: m2 ssd.
April 2021, LONDON, ENGLAND — Akasa, a prominent supplier of SSD accessories, has expanded its product line to include two new aluminum cases for M.2 drives. These are compatible with both SATA and NVMe drives and include USB 3.1 Generation 2 connection with UASP compatibility, allowing you to take use of the M.2 drive’s up to 10 Gb/s data transfer rates.
Both enclosures include a high-quality aluminum body that ensures a tight, secure fit for the closing mechanism. A tool-free design enables for fast and simple installation of an M.2 SSD while simultaneously acting as a heatsink to remove excess heat from the drive. The Akasa logo, which is sleek and elegant, completes the design wonderfully, making the enclosure stand out from the crowd.
A high-quality, braided USB-C to USB-C cable is included in the package, and it is robust enough to endure the continuous daily usage this enclosure is intended for. Its silky-smooth nylon fiber fabric is pleasant to the touch, and its anti-tangle technology will save you from becoming frustrated when using it.
The Akasa Vegas SSD Mate (AK-ENU3M2-06) has an RGB fan built into the enclosure’s aluminum frame to assist with heat dissipation. The tiny yet powerful fan is also quieter than anticipated, allowing it to operate without generating too much noise.
This enclosure would go well with an RGB gaming PC setup or anybody looking to add some color and flair to their accessories. If a more modest enclosure is required, the AK-ENU3M2-05 is a thin, elegant option that is primarily focused on a low-profile look while still providing good heat-dissipating characteristics.
The PCBs are compatible with virtually anything, including all USB and NVMe versions, as well as the most popular M.2 drive lengths (30mm, 42mm, 60mm and 80mm). They’re also optimized for USB3.1 Gen 2 rates, which can transmit huge files like complete 4K videos, Adobe Premier files, or triple-A games in a matter of minutes. The new Akasa enclosures are ideal for a variety of professions and applications, including videographers, on-the-go gamers, and cost-effective backup storage.
- Aluminium USB 3.1 Gen 2 enclosure for M.2 SATA SSDs / M.2 PCIe NVMe SSDs (with RGB fan for AK-ENU3M2-06)
- Windows 7 / 8.X / 10 and Mac OS X 10.3 and above are supported.
- USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type-C (external interface)
- M.2 SATA B+M key M.2 PCIe Gen 3 (compatible with M key and x2 B+M key SSD) Internal Interface
- SATA II/III SSD PCIe Gen 3, Gen 2, Gen 1 x2/x4 NVMe SSD 2280, 2260, 2242, 2230 sized SSDs SATA II/III SSD PCIe Gen 3, Gen 2, Gen 1 x2/x4 NVMe SSD 2280, 2260, 2242, 2230 sized SSDs
- 10 Gb/s Transfer Rate (USB 3.1 Gen 2) 480 Mb/s (USB 3.1 Gen 1 / USB 3.0) 5 Gb/s (USB 3.1 Gen 1 / USB 3.0) (USB 2.0)
- Compliant with the USB Attached SCSI Protocol (UASP) standard
- 122.0 x 36.0 x 12.1 mm Dimensions (AK-ENU3M2-05) 10.0 x 14.6 x 28.0 mm 110.0 x 14.6 x 28.0 mm (AK-ENU3M2-06)
- AK-ENU3M2-05 AK-ENU3M2-06 Product Codes
Availability and Pricing
• The AK-ENU3M2- 05 Portable M.2 SATA / NVMe SSD to USB 3.2 Gen 2 Aluminium Enclosure (AK-ENU3M2- 05) is available for £43.95/ €46.95. (prices may vary by reseller). • The Vegas SSD Mate (AK-ENU3M2-06) costs £53.95/ €58.95 when purchased new (prices may vary by reseller). • The M.2 SATA / NVMe SSD to USB 3.1 Gen 2 Aluminium Enclosure and the Vegas SSD Mate are both available for purchase in Europe and the United States. Find a reseller near you by contacting [email protected]