I’ve tried many different gaming mouses over the years, but none have come close to the G15 from G15tools.com. It has all the specs I need to play a wide variety of games without ever having to slow down to update my settings. It’s a feature laden gaming mouse that even works beautifully with my laptop.
If you’ve never heard of Faster Than Light, you’re probably not alone. That’s because it’s a relatively new game, released in December of 2017. The game has quite a few similarities to another indie game, FTL . However, FTL is a long-time favorite among gamers, and Faster Than Light has been making waves since its release.
Faster Than Light is a mod for Kerbal Space Program which adds some very important gameplay features that were missing from the First Person Solar System Simulator.
Here are a few pointers I picked up while playing FTL: Faster Than Light. Beginners and veterans of the game may find useful advice here.
- Early Crew Training – If you come across an opponent that doesn’t cause too much damage to you early on, you may utilize that enemy to improve your crew’s abilities. (flight, weaponry, shields, and so forth.)
Using an ion blast on the opposing weapons system and continuing to fire is an excellent method to practice. This will disable their weapons, stopping them from shooting at you, while also increasing your crew weapon skill. (The weapon’s speed is increased.)
Ion damage is excellent for locking down and disabling enemy systems in general by shooting at the system you wish to disable all the time.
- Good early upgrades – One of the best ways to spend your money early on is to improve your shields and power. Having two shields may come in handy against a variety of foes.
It’s also a good idea to upgrade your engines if you want to avoid oncoming assaults.
- Unlocking New Ships – Unlocking new ships may be done in two ways. You may either complete missions or use your newly unlocked ships to defeat the flagship.
- Save Money – For the first few systems, try to save some scrap. After the third system, the challenge really goes up, and having extra scrap may save your life if you need to fix anything or purchase additional fuel.
- Fighting invaders – The medical bay is the finest place on your spacecraft to fight intruders. This manner, your team will be able to recover while fighting.
- Teleporter Tips – The teleporter is very helpful for boarding ships and destroying them, but there are a few things to keep in mind.
Make sure the opposing ship isn’t teleporting its own crew before teleporting so you can protect your ship.
Make sure your troops are capable of dealing with the crew. Teleporting to ships with anti-personel robots or mantis crews is not advised, since they are very strong combatants.
Before activating your teleporter, make sure it is at least level 2 in case you need to swiftly return your crew. If your crew is on board when the opposing ship jumps, they will be gone forever.
Keep in mind that on certain smaller ships, boarding the crew and killing them all may finish the battle before it even starts.
You can’t teleport to a ship with a big zoltan overshield, so keep that in mind.
- Good systems to pick up – One of the first systems you should pick up is the clone system, which ensures that your crew will never die (unless the clone system is destroyed, in which case you can acquire a backup DNA bank to safeguard them).
Drone control is another excellent technology to have. Drones may perform a variety of tasks, like mending your hull and shielding you from missiles and other hostile attacks (defense drone).
Cloaking is also beneficial, particularly in the latter few zones. The cloak gives you time as your weapons charge, and if timed properly, it may also help you avoid opposing missiles.
- Taking down enemy combat drones – I discovered a great technique that allows you to take out opponent combat drones without using an anti-drone system. It’s a little difficult, but if you wait until a drone flies directly in front of one of your guns, you can manually fire and kill it!
- Early weapon combination – Flak is usually a good choice, since it is one of the finest weapons in the game. Burst laser + beam and ion blast + lasers are two more excellent combinations.
Firing a few laser rounds at the opponent shield and then timing a halberd beam to strike several rooms just as the shield falls down is a highly effective early game combination.
Aiming the Halberd Beam – Aim the halberd beam in such a manner that it covers the most number of rooms and does the most damage.
When it comes to helpful drones, Defense Drone II can fire down not only hostile missiles, but even lasers!
Another helpful drone is a hull repairer. You may keep this in your cargo until your hull is low, then equip it with drone components to fix it. It’s possible to utilize it several times in a row.
- Focus on enemy weaponry – In general, the weapons system is the best way to strike. Once you’ve disabled their weaponry, go for their engines to prevent them from using their FTL drive and fleeing.
- Evasion is crucial – many individuals overlook upgrading their piloting systems early on and then wonder why their ships are being struck by hostile fire. Make sure your piloting systems are set to 2 or above; it will greatly assist you in avoiding.
- Final Boss Tip: The fight for the flagship may be difficult. A smart strategy is to wait until phase 2 at the base before attacking the monster.
This way, if you need to jump away to repair your hull or do anything else, you may safely return to your base without running into another opponent.
The flagship encounter is much easier with a cloak. When the flagship alert goes off, be ready to utilize your cloak when the main assault occurs.
I know it’s hard to believe, but there are even more ways to game on your Android phone than you might think. There are apps like Root A11 that help you play games faster, and there are apps that help you get more out of your phone. One of the most exciting to me is the Better Game Performance feature of the S21.. Read more about ftl guide kestrel and let us know what you think.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I get better at faster than light?
To get better at faster than light, you need to practice. The best way to do this is by playing the game with a friend or against the computer.
Can I run faster than light?
Yes, but it is not possible to travel faster than light.
What should I upgrade in FTL?
The most important upgrade for your ship is the shields.
This article broadly covered the following related topics:
- ftl guide
- ftl guide for beginners
- ftl guide kestrel
- ftl advanced strategy
- ftl tips