Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night is a spiritual successor to Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, with an art style reminiscent of The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past. It’s a gothic horror adventure game with a classic, black and white look, and it is due out on PS4, Xbox One and PC in April, 2018.
The Curse of the First 3 Bosses in Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night is a common bug in the community that has made many players frustrated. Although there is a way to beat them, there is no surefire way to do it. The challenge lies in finding the best strategy to defeat Vepar, Zangetsu and Craftwork.
Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night is an upcoming action-adventure video game developed by Inti Creates and released by 505 Games. It is a spiritual sequel to Castlevania: Symphony of the Night and marks the first time a Nintendo-published game has been made available for the Nintendo Switch.
Castlevania series producer Koji Igarashi took the lead on the game’s development, inspired by the greatest games to ever grace the genre. Now, both reviewers and gamers are applauding it for its vintage appeal. However, defeating Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night is a difficult job.
There are many tough boss battles throughout the game, each one more cunning than the previous. With that in mind, here’s a short guide to overcoming the first three monsters you’ll encounter.
Vepar is the first boss you’ll encounter in Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night. This boss may be located in the Galleon Minerva area’s top right hand corner. You’ll initially meet Gebel and have a chat with him. Vepar will make her presence known once Gebel chooses to depart, and the battle will commence.
Make careful to save at the save room next to the entryway, which is tile below. It’s a good idea to save before facing this monster since you may need a few runs to fully grasp the pattern. In the same way that Castlevania monsters repeat certain patterns again and over, Bloodstained bosses do as well. Before they make their move, the boss will telegraph it.
Vepar’s acid assault will depend largely on her opening her mouth and hurling purple gobs of acid towards the opponent. After this assault, there is a short window of opportunity to score some solid shots on the monster, so time your dodge wisely.
Vepar will also use a huge pink tentacle to sweep towards the player. To avoid being dragged towards the monster, leap over the tentacle.
Vepar will ultimately start spewing globs of water at you, but you may approach this attack phase in the same way you handled the acid assault phase. Vespar isn’t one for stringing together lengthy sequences of strikes. You’ll typically get a chance to punish the monster with some rapid damage if you manage to avoid her next strike.
- You have the ability to leap over the beam. You may leap over Vepar’s beam strike whenever she uses it. If you are on the ground when it hits you, you will just suffer damage.
- Use your Directional Shard to your advantage. Because the Directional Shard is extremely powerful against Vepar, be sure to utilize it often.
- During the battle, Seamas will spawn. Deal with them swiftly to prevent them taking up valuable battlefield space and exposing you to the bosses’ assaults.
- Make use of the Claymore. Vepar isn’t a very mobile boss, so you may use the Claymore’s considerable damage output to your advantage. You’ll have a limited quantity of ammunition at this stage in the game since crafting hasn’t been unlocked yet, but you may use what little ammo you have for some fast and simple beginning damage.
Advice for Hard Mode: In hard mode, she is quicker and her beam is much more difficult to avoid. It’s best to complete the battle fast by overfarming and increasing your shards in the preceding regions. When the outpost is unlocked, you may sell the excess shards for fast cash.
In the video given below, you can see a victorious fight against the boss.
Zangetsu () is a Japanese word that means “to (Castle Entrance)
The next boss battle you’ll have is against Zangetsu. This monster can be found in the top right corner of the Entrance area, which may be reached through the Garden of Silence. Following a short sequence, Zangetsu will assault the player.
Farm if you’re having difficulty fighting Zangetsu or any subsequent bosses. More farming, more farming, more farming, more farming, more farming, more farming, more farming, more farming You don’t have to battle him right away when you go to the boss chamber. You can go back and harvest opponents, collect money, and improve your equipment just as easy. The quicker you do damage, the faster the battle will be.
This boss is much more dexterous than the last one. Zangetsu will retaliate with a rising slash strike if you hit him from the air. As a result, you should maintain the battle on the ground and adopt a more patient approach. Rather of playing too aggressively, wait for opportunities to counter the boss’s strikes.
Zangetsu will run at the player and strike with both vertical and horizontal slashes throughout the initial part of the fight. If you spend too much time attempting to evade the boss, he may hurl kunai at you.
Zangetsu will light his blade on fire in the second phase and begin delivering explosive damage throughout his strikes. Create greater space between yourself and the boss during this period. Then use your spells to strike from afar. This will require time and a defensive approach, but it will pay off in the end.
- Attack from behind him. Zangetsu takes a long time to recover from his strikes. Be patient and avoid his punches. Then, from behind the boss’s back, strike.
- Use the Heretical Grinder to your advantage. Punish Zangetsu with a few blows from your Heretical Grinder whenever he lifts his blade to charge up for an attack.
- Be wary of his slam assault. Zangetsu will sometimes struggle with the ceiling. Create some space between you and him whenever he does this. He’s going to unleash a deadly slam assault on you.
- Avoid taunting. Zangetsu will tease you from time to time in an effort to encourage you to hurry forward. This should not be done. During this move, he will counter your assaults. You may, however, strike his back by leaping behind him.
Because you have a lot of time to deal with him in Hard Mode, it’s advisable to farm up to battle him or consider utilizing a glass cannon build (all gun assault, risk ring (on new game+), etc.). Load up on ammunition either way, since weapons are quite helpful for quickly dispatching him.
Check out the video below to witness a successful battle against Zangetsu during the first phase.
The video below shows a successful battle during the second phase of the Zangetsu bout.
Craftwork is the third boss you’ll encounter on your adventure. The Dian Cecht Cathedral is where you’ll find this boss. You will get the Craftwork Shard after defeating this monster.
Craftwork will put you under strain by utilizing grab and slam strikes. It will, however, hurl ambient items towards you from a distance.
- Make use of Bloodbringer. Because this monster is very mobile and may be difficult to strike, Bloodbringer can make this battle considerably simpler.
- Keep an eye out for its leap strike. Craftwork will often jump high before descending slowly for a devastating strike. Simply move in the opposite direction of the assault.
- While it recovers, punish it. Do not stop if you see Craftwork rotating and realigning itself. Rush the boss and attack it as soon as possible.
- When leaping, be cautious. It is possible to get caught in the air if you leap at the monster. When taking a step forward, be cautious.
Advice for Hard Mode: At this stage in the game, farming is the greatest way to get around problems. From what I’ve observed, he’s becoming faster and faster at grabbing you, but you can overcome this with more protection and shards. You don’t have access to the right side of the castle yet, but there are enough opponents to farm that you should be able to quickly defeat them.
Return to the Garden of Silence after defeating Craftwork and remove the barrier in front of the chariot driver. The right half of the castle is now open to visitors. It’s worth noting that there are two routes ahead of you: a southern road that leads to a railway station with some higher-level opponents, and a northern path that leads to a train station with some higher-level enemies. You just need to go to the absolute end of the route, where it is blocked, before returning and continuing up the upper path.
Check out the video below around the 8:46 minute to witness the Craftwork boss battle in action.
Looking for more information about Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night? Unlock All Difficulties With This Cheat – A Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night Guide is a great resource.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do you beat the first boss in Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night?
You must use a special attack from the left side of your controller to defeat him.
How do you beat zangetsu the first time?
You must beat him in a single round.
How do you beat the third boss in bloodstained?
You have to use the power of love and break the curse on your sword.
This article broadly covered the following related topics:
- bloodstained bosses
- bloodstained: ritual of the night walkthrough
- bloodstained: ritual of the night second boss
- bloodstained: ritual of the night walkthrough ign
- bloodstained vepar hard mode