The MMO Star Trek Online has three different versions: Star Trek Online, set after the events of the original series and using the rebooted Star Trek timeline; Star Trek Online: Fleet Command, set in the classic Star Trek universe and focusing on ground combat; and Star Trek Online: New Worlds, which features characters and gameplay set outside of the original universe.
Star Trek Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game (MMORPG) that allows you to customise your own character and explore the universe as a Starfleet Officer.
Star Trek Online, or TOS for short, is a massively multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG) where players create a character and then interact with the game’s world. The game has had three previous iterations, each one set in a different era of Star Trek history. While TOS is the most well-known and popular game, the other two iterations are still played by many. Do you want to know more?
When you first start playing Star Trek Online, you are given a choice of characters to play. One of the options is to choose one of three Starfleet factions. This may be perplexing, so we’ve outlined the main distinctions as well as the benefits and drawbacks of each option.
Starfleet, STO, and Discovery: What’s the Difference?
There isn’t much! After they complete the first narrative arc, they all merge into the same continuity. The following are the main distinctions:
- Default There are no unique beam patterns or special ships available to Starfleet. It’s Starfleet as usual.
- STO and Discovery are only available in era-appropriate races.
- Various bridge officers are assigned to you (boffs).
- Tutorials vary, beginning ships differ, and there are a few random additional freebies, such as a free shuttle transport from the TOS period.
REMEMBER! They all end up in the same spot. Warp/transporter motions, sound effects, flavor text, and race limitations are all minor variations. You’ll be at the same point with any three of them if you select any three of them.
The First Season of the Original Series (TOS)
- You’ll get the opportunity to battle the Gorn and hang out with Scotty.
- This is a fantastic new player tutorial.
- Shuttle from the Star Trek period is available for free.
- There are four TOS-themed bridge officers.
- Animations for transporters and warps in the Star Trek universe.
- Sound effects from the Star Trek universe.
- The utility cruiser is only accessible to TOS commanders in the tutorial.
- There are just four races available. (Human / Vulcan / Andorian / Tellarite / Tellarite / Andorian / Tellarite / Andorian / Andorian /
- This is not a skippable tutorial.
- I’m unable to return to the lesson.
the discovery (DCS)
- Cool visuals, music effects, and a hud, for example.
- Based on the TV show, this is a new player tutorial.
- As a tactical officer, you receive discovery red shirts.
- Themed transporter / warp animations were discovered.
- Sound effects with a science fiction theme.
- Only two races (Human and Vulcan) are available.
- I’m unable to return to the lesson.
This one is straightforward – it’s the default setting. You receive a Miranda class ship at the conclusion of the tutorial, which has a large race variety. There’s nothing else noteworthy.
Star Trek Online is a free to play game that is available for PC, Mac, and Linux. It is set in the Star Trek universe and allows players to play as one of over 70 different races. These races are divided into three different classes: Starfleet, Klingon, and Federation. Each race has their own unique set of abilities that set them apart from each other, but it is the player’s choice on how they wish to play.. Read more about sto pioneer-class and let us know what you think.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does it matter which faction you choose in Star Trek Online?
It does not matter which faction you choose, as they are all the same.
What is the difference between discovery Starfleet and Starfleet?
Discovery Starfleet is a type of ship in the Star Trek universe. It is smaller than a standard starship, and it has less advanced technology.
Can you get the discovery in Star Trek Online?
I am not sure what you are asking.
This article broadly covered the following related topics:
- star trek online ships
- star trek online tier 6 ships
- sto ships
- star trek online starfleet
- dsc starfleet