If you have played The Evil Within, you’ve probably already heard of the debug console commands that allow you to inspect your game (and its environment) in real-time. With these commands, you can view almost all of the game’s resources, and even debug it from within the game itself.
Well is it just me, or does the existence of a Debug Console at all times make you feel more comfortable with the game? For me, it’s a feature I look forward to using on my PC. I love being able to use game commands to test my theories when I’m playing, and also to get in-depth information on some issues I’m having. However, if I were you, I wouldn’t use it too many times because, believe me, it will eventually make you a lot of money.
For those of you are playing The Evil Within on PC / Steam, here is a list of console commands to help you with the game.
The Evil Within has a number of console commands that you may utilize. The instructions allow hacks like God mode, noclip for walking through walls, unlimited ammunition, and more, as well as setting 60 frames per second.
To go to the console, first open Steam, then right-click The Evil Within and choose “properties.”
To unlock the console, go to the General page and select “set launch settings,” then type in the following:
+com allowconsole 1 com allowconsole 1 com allowconsole 1
To bring down the developer console, start the game and then press the Insert key.
Here are the commands, along with additional comments from Bethesda on the official Bethesda forums:
- R_swapinterval <NUMBER> – Sets the FPS lock. Note that the numbers below are negative. -2: This is the default, set to 30 FPS. This is the officially supported frame rate. -1: This sets the FPS limit to 60. Fully playable, although there may be quirks (we’re going to fix these). 0: This fully unlocks the FPS. We do not recommend playing above 60. We will not fix any issues above 60.
- God – God – God – God – God – God – God Certain opponent kill moves will not be utilized against you since you are essentially indestructible (Laura, for example, will not jump on you)
- You can walk through walls using Noclip.
- G infiniteammo – Ammo limitless (provided you have at least 1 bullet when you enable this)
- G stoptime 1 – Pauses the clock. Note that there is currently a problem that causes a UI element to show on screen when executing this command. We plan to address this in the near future. Use g stoptime 0 to re-enable time.
- Toggledebugcamera – Separates Sebastian from the camera, allowing you to freely walk about the room.
- R_forceaspectratio <NUMBER> – Sets the aspect ratio. Default is 2.5, which is our official aspect ratio. 0 is full screen, but not ideal. 1.8 or 2 is probably most comfortable for those who don’t want bars.
- Com showFPS – Enables the native FPS counter in id.
- Startslowmotion2 – Delays the passage of time.
- Slow motion is disabled with Stopslowmotion.
The Evil Within is a first-person shooter survival horror video game developed by Tango Gameworks and published by Bethesda Softworks. It was released for Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One on October 13, 2017. The game offers a third-person perspective in a Gothic horror atmosphere.. Read more about the evil within 2 console commands and let us know what you think.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do you open the console in the evil within?
You open the console by pressing the X button on your controller.
How do you activate cheats in the evil within?
To activate cheats in the Evil Within, you need to enter the following code: -Cheat Code- X + Y + Z + Start + Select
How do I enable console commands?
To enable console commands, you must first enable developer mode on your PS4.
This article broadly covered the following related topics:
- the evil within 2 console commands
- the evil within cheats pc
- evil within console commands
- the evil within cheats
- the evil within cheats xbox one