In this Nvidia vs AMD comparison, we’re going to check out a GTX 970 against a 2060, both of which support G-Sync, and see if there’s a huge difference in performance.
This is a comparison between the Nvidia GTX 970 and the Nvidia RTX 2060, a real-time ray tracing GPU. The GTX 970 is a high-end card that was released in June of 2016, while the RTX 2060 was released in August of 2018. Both were released by Nvidia. The GTX 970 has a price tag of $299, while the RTX 2060 is priced at $349.
When it comes to budget-friendly graphics cards, GeForce GTX 1060 and RTX 2060 are big contenders. While NVIDIA’s GeForce GTX 1070 and GTX 1080 are still the best GPUs in the market, the GeForce GTX 970 and GTX 1060 have become a popular choice.
Are you searching for the finest graphics cards on the market? Congratulations, you’ve found the right place to learn how to play ultra-high-definition games on your PC.
The majority of people have been seen seeking for the finest Graphics Processing Unit for their PC.
When these gamers go to the store, they discover that certain graphics cards are out of their price range, and that they can only get assistance from these costly cards. They are mistaken.
A thorough search and precise information may assist you in resolving the issue. A variety of low-cost graphics cards are available on the market.
If you’re having trouble with the aforementioned problem, the GTX 970 and RTX 2060 can assist. They are both reasonably priced and of the highest quality you need.
A good card should be dependable. For improved performance, almost all graphic cards these days need a fantastic power supply connection. So, before you go out and purchase a GPU, make sure you have a sufficient power supply connection.
To make a final choice on which GPU is ideal for your PC. You must do a thorough investigation. You must make a choice when you have cleared all aspects of pleasure, not before.
Following a comprehensive investigation, we discovered that the GTX 970 and RTX 2060 are the two finest graphics cards for you. Below are some information that can assist you in choosing the best card for your computer.
Nvidia’s GTX 970 is one of the finest graphics cards they’ve ever released. It is the most recent and high-end Maxwell graphics card.
The GTX 970 can provide everything at extreme settings, with 50-60 frames per second. Direct X 12 is supported by this GPU. A variety of characteristics distinguish this card, which are described further below.
Some of the GTX 970’s most notable characteristics are listed below, making it more desirable in the market than other graphics cards.
- This card supports G-Sync, which allows you to experience screen tearing on your computer.
- It is useful for physics computations that assist you in enjoying real-time visuals.
- The ShadowPlay feature has been added to the GTX 970. This is a new technology that enables you to record gameplay video in-game.
Why Should You Buy a GTX 970 Graphics Card?
According to user evaluations, the GTX 970 is more demanding and preferred by the public for the following reasons.
- It supports shadowplay, which makes it simple to record and broadcast games with little performance impact.
- It’s designed to work with both G-Sync and Physx.
- Excellent gameplay performance
- 148 W TDP for outstanding performance
- Overclockable for a more fluid working experience
- Excellent value for money
- During 4K gaming, it does not function properly.
The RTX 2060 is the finest mid-value option, making it simple to beat out the Vega 56 and any other graphics cards on the market.
When you have an immediate fast graphic card, upgrading it in a short period of time is difficult, and you must wait.
There are many reasons why the RTX 2060 is regarded as the finest. The following are some of the most notable characteristics of the RTX 2060.
- This RTX 2060 primarily supports Deep Learning Super-Sampling, which aids in the creation of more high-resolution pictures.
- This is a new product on the market, and it is more trustworthy.
- PhysX is also supported by the RTX 2060, which allows physics computations to be integrated into real-time graphic engines.
- The RTX 2060 features G-Sync, which helps to eliminate screen tearing.
- By using Direct X Raytracing, it also aids in ray-tracing.
- The RTX 2060 is the finest option since it guarantees a whopping 88 percent performance in gaming PCs.
Why Should You Buy an RTX 2060 Graphics Card?
According to user evaluations, the RTX 2060 is more demanding and preferred by the public for the following reasons.
- It works well with Deep Learning Super-Sampling.
- During gaming, it performs 88 percent better.
- It’s useful for DirectX Raytracing support (DXR)
- It was constructed using the most up-to-date technologies.
- Direct3D 12 Async Compute is also supported.
- It may be used to support both PhysX and G-Sync.
- It features ShadowPlay, which enables game recording and streaming at a lower performance cost.
- Available at a reasonable cost
- It outperforms the GeForce GTX 970.
- Overlocking is simple and provides a smooth working surface.
- Customers will be drawn in by the attractive design.
- Support cutting-edge technology.
- Both 1440p and 1080p are supported.
- Smoothly runs without overheating the system.
- SLI is not present.
- It uses more energy.
- When compared to other kinds, it is more expensive.
- Only a few RTX games are compatible.
Comparison of the GTX 970 and the RTX 2060 graphics cards
|GTX 970||Specifications||RTX 2060|
|GM 204||Code Name||TU 106|
|Maxwell 2.0 is the latest version of Maxwell.||Architecture||Turing|
|GM204 is a generic term for a variety of (GM204-200-A1)||GPU Name||TU106 TU106 TU106 TU106 (TU106-200A-KA-A1)|
|398 mmÂ²||Die Size||445 mmÂ²|
|5,200 million dollars||Transistors||10,800,000,000|
|PCIe 3.0 x 16 (PCIe 3.0 x 16) (PCIe 3.0 x 16)||Interface||PCIe 3.0 x 16|
|Setting of the highest caliber||Setting a Quality Benchmark||Setting of the highest caliber|
|12 1 (DirectX)||DirectX||DirectX 12_1, version 6.4|
|256 bit||Bus Width||192 bit|
|498W||Power Supply Suggestions||500W|
|GDDR5||Type of Memory||GDDR6|
|Effective frequencies are 1753 MHz and 7012 MHz.||Memory Capacity||Effective frequencies are 1750 MHz and 14000 MHz.|
|47.5db||Noise Levels at Maximum Fan||45.6db|
|GeForce GTX 970 from NVIDIA||Variant||SUPER NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060|
|64C||Temperature Maximum Recorded||72C|
|Core i7-4770k @ 3.50GHz ($284.99) Intel Core i7-4770k @ 3.50GHz Intel Core i7-4770k @ 3.50GHz||CPU benchmarking||[email protected] Intel Core ($369.89)|
|0.0%||FPS Percentage Impacted by CPU||0.0%|
|64.3 FPS||Performance at 1080p on average||118.5 FPS|
|45.6 FPS||Performance 1440p on average||84.4 FPS|
|27.8 FPS||4K Performance Average||50.3 FPS|
|39.3 FPS||Average 1440p Performance (Ultrawide)||72.3 FPS|
|$8.4||The price per frame for 1440p is $1.40. (Ultrawide)||$5.5|
|$5.1||Cost Per Frame in 1080p||$3.4|
|$7.2||1440p Cost Per Frame||$4.7|
|$11.8||Cost per frame in 4K||$8.0|
|3x DisplayPort, 1x DVI, 1x HDMI||Connectors for Displays||1 DVI port, 1 HDMI port, 2 DisplayPort ports, and 1 USB Type-C port|
|148 watts||TDP||160 watts|
|September 19, 2014||Date of Publication||9th of July, 2019|
Fortnite Benchmark: GTX 970 versus RTX 2060
In many ways, the GTX 970 and RTX 2060 are distinct versions of each other. Both are constructed using unique methods that successfully distinguish them.
The GTX 970 Graphic Card is outdated, whereas the RTX 2060 Graphic Card is created using cutting-edge technologies, making it superior to the former.
As a result, it is recommended that you replace your GTX 970 with the RTX 2060 in order to enjoy the smooth running of games on your playtime with high-quality visuals and top-quality pixels.
Most Commonly Asked Questions
The Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 is a high-end graphics card released in 2015. You can check out our article dedicated to it here. The GeForce RTX 2060 is the latest card in the current Nvidia lineup, which is based on the Pascal architecture. We have done some benchmarks on it too, the ones you will see in the article.. Read more about rtx 2060 vs rtx 3060 and let us know what you think.